Zappos announced the launch of Goods for Good, a purpose-driven shopping site featuring over 150 eco- and socially-conscious brands.
Zappos features products on Goods for Good under the following categories:
- Vegan products constructed without animal parts or possessing components synthesized from animal parts, such as glue.
- Give Back products that have some community impact, including brands that make donations based on product sales or that spearhead community activism.
- Sustainably certified products that have been qualified by an industry-certifying organization with at least one industry standard for environmental or socioeconomic impact.
- Organic products composed of organic cotton and other materials with a lower environmental impact.
- Recycled materials made entirely or in part from recycled materials, such as water bottles.
This purpose-driven shopping site currently features four “brand spotlights” telling the stories behind Fjällräven, Life Is Good, Tentree and Diff Eyewear.
“We know for our customers every purchase matters and they’re passionate about investing in products that contribute to a greater good,” said Steven Bautista, Head of Charitable Giving, Zappos, in a statement. “We want to ensure the best service and shopping experience possible, so we’ve made it fast and easy for them to view all relevant products at once and learn about each brand’s purpose.”